Founder & Editor
As Gables Insider previously reported, the David William had been provided with an ultimatum by the City to provide a letter of structural safety by February 9th or face a mandatory closure.
Gables Insider has now learned that on February 11th, the City amended its order and has given the David William 90 days to submit a repair plan for the issues surrounding the rooftop pool.
The new notice to building residents states that, “The city received a letter, dated February 07, 2022, prepared by RH Engineering Group, signed and sealed by Engineer Roberto L. Hernandez, PE 53855, addressing the City’s Building Official’s concerns. In the letter, attached hereto, Mr. Hernandez affirms that the Building is safe for continued occupancy, and that all necessary precautions have been taken, including unloading the structure, and shoring the area in question.
Therefore, as of the date of this letter, compliance of with the immediate lifesafety concerns has been achieved, and the conditions of the Building Official’s February 3rd, 2022 are revised as follows:
- Posting of this letter in a conspicuous location for the information and inspection of all occupants.
- Requiring that the Condominium Association President confirm that each resident has received a hand-delivered copy of this letter.
- Requiring the that the structural engineer provide a plan of required repairs no later than 9_0 days from the date of this notice.
- Requirng that the area in question remains corded off from access and use by anyone other than those working on the repairs.
- Requiring that the pool remain drained until all repairs are permitted, completed, and ce1tificate of completion has been issued by the City’s Building Official.”