The first commission meeting of 2021 will be next Tuesday, January 12th.
Meeting starts at 9am and the public can view and participate via Zoom. https://zoom.us/j/3054466800
- Coral Gables Country Club agrees to refund back deposits for non-profits and re-structures their unpaid rent to the city exceeding $90,000 through August 1, 2021.
- Does new development affect traffic? The Transportation Advisory Board thinks so. They will be appearing before the city commission to have their board weigh in on development projects and how it will affect the city’s transportation and traffic. Will the city commission allow them to be part of the process?
- Will oysters help water quality in Coral Gables Waterways? Item G-2 presentation to reestablish native oysters to combat nutrient pollution in the Coral Gables Waterway.
- Mayor Valdes-Fauli is sponsoring a resolution urging the Bahamian Government to revoke offshore drilling exploration licenses permanently and ban offshore drilling activities in the Bahamas.
- Miracle Mile Development: City Attorney wants to hire expert legal counsel Thomas F. Magenheimer of Quinlivan Appraisal, P.A. to perform any appraisal work, int eh contact of the Bert J. Harris, Jr. Private Property Rights Protection Act that may be advisable with regard to potential zoning proposals for properties fronting Miracle Mile.