Following last month’s sunshine workshop where the Commission instructed staff to proceed with a new proposal on the zoning changes to the Miracle Mile, the first reading of this new proposal will come before the City Commission at Tuesday’s meeting.
What has been dubbed as the “compromise” plan by Coral Gables Magazine and the Miami Herald, seems to have left one thing out, the clear message sent by residents that they do not wish for any changes to be made to the Mile.
The zoning changes are scheduled for a time-certain of 5:00PM.
Additionally, beginning at 1:00PM, the City Commission will hear the following highlighted agenda items:
- Cocoplum Phase 1 Special Taxing District for additional lighting in the area.
- Remote Parking
- Resolution appointing Commissioner Jorge Fors Jr. to serve as ex officio member of Coral Gables Bar Association.
- Resolution by Vice Mayor Vince Lago adopting a policy regarding removal of trees on City right-of-way by City Staff.
- Resolution to approve the last remaining 10 year leas of Actor’s Playhouse at the Miracle Theater.
- Discussion regarding outdoor live music on private property in the Central Business District, sponsored by Commissioner Mike Mena