Official City of Coral Gables Press Release
Keep Coral Gables Beautiful will host a Recycling Drive-Thru Event on Saturday, Nov. 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the parking lot behind City Hall. Residents can bring old electronics and large cardboard boxes for recycling, dispose of household hazardous waste and bring documents for shredding. A new addition to this event, you can now drop off your “lightly/gently used” clothing (men’s, women’s, and children’s) which will be donated to Camillus House.
Electronic items with a plug or batteries are eligible to be recycled. Coral Gables residents can drop off household hazardous waste items such as paint cans, pool chemicals, oils, batteries, and household pesticides. Proof of residency in Coral Gables is required.
Over the past six years, these bi-annual collection events have diverted more than 290,000 pounds of electronic and household hazardous waste and paper from entering landfills. This event is organized through Keep Coral Gables Beautiful and in partnership with the Coral Gables Sustainability Advisory Board and the City of Coral Gables Police and Public Works Departments.
Please note: Items will not be accepted before 9 am or after 12 pm on the day of the event.
Just a few reminders for the event:
- All participants must enter the event through the Coral Way entrance to the City Hall Parking Lot.
- The event will open promptly at 9 am and close at noon. Attendees will not be allowed to line up for the event prior to 9 am.
- Please be prepared to show your ID.
- For clothing please bring:
- Gently/lightly used clothing (no undergarments)
- Accepting men’s, women’s, and kid’s clothing including suits, ties, shoes, socks, etc.
- Medical waste will not be accepted. Any expired or unwanted prescription drugs can be taken to our drop-off location on the first floor of the police station located at 2151 Salzedo Street.
- For paper shredding, a maximum of 5 standard-sized boxes per vehicle will be accepted to ensure all attendees have an opportunity to participate.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring any large cardboard boxes to the event to be recycled.
For more information please visit City of Coral Gables – Recycling Drive-Thru Events or call 305-460-5008